What Are We Having??

Lima Bean

Thursday, August 20, 2009

And The Winner Is......



Watermelon was the Summer fave. I found a recipe I haven't made for a long time and thought I would share it with those Watermelon lovers!


WATERMELON ICE
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 lime leaves (kaffir leaves) (I have no idea what these leaves are but I add lime juice to taste instead. Just go by your taste-buds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds seedless watermelon

* In a sauce pan, over medium-low heat, add water, sugar and lime leaves. Heat until sugar dissolves and remove from heat; pour in a large bowl and allow to cool.
* Remove watermelon rinds and place water melon chunks into a food processor and pulse until it becomes slushy. Add watermelon slush to the sugar mixture.
* Chill 4 hours. Strain and freeze until firm.
* Thaw in the refrigerator for 1/2-hour before serving.

No comments: