What Are We Having??

Lima Bean

Monday, November 3, 2008

5 Finger Discount



I saw someone stealing from the dollar store today. I was intrigued so I continued to watch and slyly followed their tracks. As they kept stealing I wondered how easy they made it look. I couldn't help but think about all the things they had stolen to this point in their life. Was this their first time? What kind of things do they have at home? A bunch of junk or do they have quality items? As I followed and pondered I didn't notice the police coming down the isle. Yep, that's right. My clepto friend was not as stealth as I thought. They were taken away and now their life will never be the same, all for a few dollar items at the neighborhood Honk's Dollar Store.

My choice not to steal was backed up today as I witnessed this act of stupidity.

1 comment:

Chelsea Lee said...

What a great story! When I was in High School 4 of My friends and I were sluffing and we went to Fred Meyer. We were there for about an hour and when we were walking out of the store I realized my best friend had the cutest ring on her finger and I would have noticed it before that day, so I totally knew that she stole it. Just then a big security guard cornered us and made us all go into an office and told us to "Put the stolen merchandise on the table". All four of them started pulling stuff out of their purses and pockets. Stuff like jewelry and condoms and make-up and I just stood there and was thinking "Who are these girls? I can't believe I'm hanging out with these shoplifters and that they are my friends!"