What Are We Having??

Lima Bean

Monday, June 7, 2010

Can't Eat Due to the HEAT!

Yes when it is scorching hot outside I can't eat, neither can Mr. Rad. It is too uncomfortable. So what does that mean for us? We can't starve ourselves? Here are a few of my fave Summer foods that are cool and light.

Broccoli Salad

1 1/2 C Fresh Broccoli
3/4 C shredded cheddar cheese
4 bacon strips
1/4 C chopped onion (I like to use my cheese grater so it gets really small and fine)
3 TB Lite Mayo
2 TB white vinegar
1 TB white sugar
1/4 C sunflower seeds (optional)

Combine broccoli, cheese, bacon (crumbled), and onion. In a separate bowel mix mayo, vinegar, and sugar. Pour over salad and mix well. Sprinkle seeds over salad and serve.


Pea Salad

1 1/2 C frozen peas
1/2 C cheddar cheese
2 TB finely chopped onion (I use the cheese grater)
1/4 C mayo
1 1/2 teaspoon mustard (I like to use fancy dijon but you can use any)

Combine all ingrediants, chill and serve.


Cranberry Salsa

Bag of Cranberries

1/3 White onion chopped

1-2 Jalapeno

Cilantro
Sugar to taste


Blend ingredients into a semi mush, chill, serve with chips.



1 comment:

Melissa said...

First off those sound so yummy! I will have to try some. But I wanted to let you know, I found this blog. http://www.ourdandelionwishes.com/2010/06/paper-polka-dots-tutorial.html