What Are We Having??

Lima Bean

Friday, February 5, 2010

New Bed

Okay so Steven and I have the worst queen sized bed in the world. I bought it a few months before we were married so we wouldn't have squish on my old full bed. So we find a deal that said $145 any mattress in the paper/craigslist/KSL (I can't remember). I am sure you have seen the billboard along I-15 for them. The price may be intriguing but please don't do it. You will be so disappointed.

Our current bed has a huge dip in the middle that we get stuck in during the night. Not only that but one side of the mattress is soft while the other is lumpy and kinda hard. It sucks!

So we scored a free king sized bed from a friend of mine at work. It's outdated but I have some fun plans for it. The mattress has barely been used and honestly it can't be any worse than ours now. So here are the pictures my friend sent me of the beast.



I will be sanding it down and we will paint it dark. Either a dark varnish or a paint. Not sure yet. I haven't seen it in person yet. I will be taking a razor to the detail on the inside of the mirror as well. Oh and don't forget I will be changing the hardware on the drawers too!



Possibly a knob like this? I think these would look awesome with a dark wood.

I think this could be a fun project. I think it might even turn out decent. What do you think? Any ideas?



P.S. bedding is not included.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That will look really cute painted. I love the hardware. I am looking for some doorknobs like that! If you ever come across any let me know! I seriously need a tour of your awesome house.

cAsSy said...

Em I found them on ebay. They are around 2.99 for a pair. Sweet eh? They had a ton of different sizes and colors.