Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tequila Lime Chicken
* 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 2 teaspoons onion salt
* 1/2 cup margarita mix
* 1/4 cup lime juice
* 1/4 cup orange juice
* 3 tablespoons tequila
* 3 tablespoons triple sec
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 1 cup light olive oil
* 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. Place cilantro, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in the bowl of a blender. Pour in margarita mix, lime juice, orange juice, tequila, triple sec, and honey. Puree on high speed until smooth, then reduce speed to medium-low, and slowly add the olive oil; blend until creamy. Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag or glass bowl; pour marinade overtop and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 5 hours.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
3. Remove chicken from the marinade, shake off excess, and discard remaining marinade. Grill the chicken until tender and juices run clear, approximately 7 minutes per side.
--I LIKE TO MAKE THIS AS KABOBS.