What Are We Having??

Lima Bean

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Sanctuary




April showers bring May flowers. Well that is all well and good but in my yard March snow storms bring April beauty! If you don't believe me look for yourself!


This is Yoshi. We named him that due to being a flowering Japanese something. Not sure what his real name is but he is Yoshi and his brother in the corner is Mr. Robot-o. Notice the buds!!! He's getting fancy!
This is a Lilly I planted last year. I was so worried it wouldn't come back but here it is. It's hanging out with a couple Crocuses and tulips.
I have no idea what this is. It comes back every year even though we have hacked and hacked at it. We have sprayed it and it still comes back. If it is that determined we decided (and there isn't much we can do at this point) to keep it. It has yellow spongy flowers come late Spring early Summer.
Say hello to Mona Lisa. Yes, that is it's name. There are multiple types of them. This is just the yellow one. I bought purple, faded pink and white, white, red, and light purple.
This will be a orange Tulip. If you look down inside of it there is a bud! YAY!
More Mona Lisa's.

This lovely mix will greet you at our front door! Some come on over and bask in the beauty of the Robinson yard.

I also planted snap dragons, poppies, and pansies yesterday. I'll take more pictures as they flower. Steven mowed the lawn and fertilized and I planted flowers and baptized them in Miracle Grow. I also picked out all the pesky weeds that just won't go away.

When do you start weeding and planting flowers? I like to start early with Spring flowers that will come back the next year. I only enjoy them for a short time but next Spring the yard will be more vibrant than it was this year. I buy summer plants around Mothers Day. After Mothers Day I just prune and play.

What are your gardening rituals?

No comments: