Black Bean Salsa and My Yummy Queso Dip
Thanks for voting. I hope you like these recipes as much as I do. :)
Black Bean Salsa
* 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1 clove garlic, minced (I buy the Costco jar so my hands don't stink)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
* 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained (you could use any bean you want but the black is my fave)
* 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels (I used canned)
* 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
* 1 red bell pepper, chopped (red, yellow, orange or green...it doesn't matter)
* 2 tomatoes, chopped
* 6 green onions, thinly sliced (I love these onions but you can used your fave instead)
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
# Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar. Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
# In a bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salsa. Stir salsa to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.
##The dressing is good on taco salads too!
*1 (8 ounce) package processed American cheese, cubed (I normally hate this stuff but other cheeses DO NOT work)
*1 (8 ounce) package mild Cheddar cheese, cubed (I use mild because of the yummy milky taste you get)
*1 (7 ounce) can mild, chunky salsa
*3/4 (15 ounce) can chili (I use meatless mostly, not sure why but I do)
*1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (I use fat free)
*1 teaspoon chili powder
*1 dash hot pepper sauce (ex: Tabasco...use whatever kind you have or leave it out)
**Jalapeno is optional but it adds a great kick (I like using this over the hot sauce)
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the processed American cheese and Cheddar cheese.
2. When cheeses are melted and thoroughly blended, mix in salsa, chili, sour cream, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir 10 to 15 minutes before serving warm.
I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN WITH THESE RECIPES. THESE RECIPES ARE MIXTURES OF LOTS AND LOTS OF OTHER RECIPES. I LIKE TO MIX AND CREATE SO FEEL FREE TO DO THE SAME!