What Are We Having??

Lima Bean

Friday, December 17, 2010

Sitting In My Robe

Today is going to be a lazy day. I had one day off in the last 8 days! I have worked my A$$ off the last few days. Yesterday was a horrible day at work. People were coding, others were on hospice and dying, family members were flocking in non-stop, charts needed auditing, Medicare paperwork needed to be done, the fax machine was throwing up more work for me to do, doctors needed to be called, CNA's needed a swift kick to the ass while others needed praise for their good work, call lights were going off, pain pills were needed, enemas were being requested, my feet were aching, and everyone wanted to ask me questions.

All of it was worth it at the end of the day when I was told I AM one of the GOOD nurses.



It was also worth it at the end of the day when I saw my super awesome husband and super hyper Squid.

They make it awesome!

I really do love my job. I have moments of stress but I really do love it. I have patients that I absolutely love. I have awesome nurses that work with me. We all work as a team. I am never alone with my fellow nurses at my side.

The administration just turned over. I never thought there were any problems with the last set of admins but after the switch I can feel a good change coming. Not only that but I feel like the things I have to say matter. They actually matter!!

I still want another part time job. I have a lot to learn. If I could get a PRN or part time job somewhere else I think I could learn things at hyper speed!

There are so many different things I learn everyday at work that I never knew about when I was in school.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I've totally decided that I learned nothing in school. Maybe I did and I just don't remember it from there or don't realize it. I'm with you though...totally love my job and love being a nurse :) Isn't it great when a pt says they like you!? I had a cute little old man that told my boss I needed a raise. Hehe!